weVENTURE Hosts Annual IMPACT Business, Leadership Summit Aug 28
By Adam Lowenstein, Florida Tech // July 30, 2015
This year's theme is Branding Yourself for Impact
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA — weVENTURE, Central Florida’s premier network of women’s economic development centers powered by Florida Institute of Technology, is hosting its annual IMPACT Business and Leadership Summit from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 28 at the Hilton Rialto Place in Melbourne.
The IMPACT Business and Leadership Summit offers world-renowned speakers and intriguing panel discussions about current issues affecting the amplification of ‘womenpreneurs’ while fostering vital economic impact in our community. The event will also feature the opportunity to network with many of Central Florida’s highest-profile business leaders.
This year’s summit has the theme, “Branding Yourself for Impact.”
Featured speakers and panelists are scheduled to include:
• Deborah Angermai, COO, Health First Viera Hospital;
• Nancy Coldham, founding partner of the CG Group, a leading public affairs consulting firm in Canada, who is a recipient of the 2014 Toronto Woman of Distinction Award and a mentor in the International Women’s Empowerment Program;
• Tina Fussell, founder and editor of the Flying House by Traveling Mama blog;
• Shea Glenny, director of weVENTURE Orlando;
• Elaine Kunda, serial entrepreneur, CEO of EpicTimes, an independent digital news network, and dedicated advisor to G(irls)20, which works to encourage G8 and G20 leaders to prioritize worldwide female political empowerment and economic freedom;
• Elaine Larsen, co-owner of Florida Institute of Technology affiliate Larsen Motorsports and 2014 IHRA Jet Dragster World Champion;
• Dawn Mays, director of real estate development, Sheldon Cove LLP; also managing editor and co-founder of Leadership Voices;
• Ryan Mickley, executive producer of the Reach Personal Branding Interview Series and one of 20 Master Certified Personal Branding Strategists worldwide;
• Bryan Noel, personal/organizational brand storyteller and partner at Root Radius;
• Jennifer Sethre, serial entrepreneur, marketing sales and product strategist, former CEO of Lighting Science Group and CMO, Lumena SSL, Inc.;
• Shawna Vercher, motivational speaker, media strategist, author of “A Fearless Voice,” political director for Florida National Organization for Women (NOW) and host of the show Dare We Say, produced by national news site EpicTimes
“We designed this event to raise the profile and influence of ‘womenpreneurs’ by connecting attendees with powerful influencers in their community and industries,” said weVENTURE Executive Director Beth Gitlin.
“Networking events should net profits, and the IMPACT Summit creates opportunities for attendees to develop strategic, long-term relationships that will help to fuel sustainable growth.”
Debbie Goode, partner at Carr, Riggs & Ingram LLC and chair of the Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast, said she attends the IMPACT Summit because its benefits are both immediate and longer term.
“It gives me the opportunity to network with other professionals in the community and to take a breather from the everyday work stresses to think about how I can be an even better leader in my organization,” she said. “The speakers at the event come from throughout the Central Florida and share valuable insights, stories and tools to help us further fine-tune our leadership skills.”
Sponsors of the 2015 IMPACT Business and Leadership Summit include: Health First, Wells Fargo, Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, FLORIDA TODAY, TD Bank, SCB Media Group, 142 Productions, Alluvionic, EverythingBrevard.com and Space Coast Daily.
As in previous years, the summit is expected to sell out. Early registration is $75 through July 31. Beginning Aug. 1, registration is $85. Both fees include lunch.