VIDEO: The Making of SeaWorld’s Sea of Trees
By Matt O'Hern // November 18, 2015
centerpiece of the 200-acre park
ABOVE VIDEO: SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is set for Nov. 21-22, 27-29, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, 18-31.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA — Designers at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration have been busy creating the dazzling “Sea of Trees” — 114 giant, illuminated trees in the park’s center lake — in preparation for the holiday special event opening.
A returning fan favorite, the “Sea of Trees” is the dazzling centerpiece of the 200-acre park that is decked with holiday lights, décor, shows and attractions.
This video shows the behind-the-scenes creation of the festive forest.
SeaWorld’s dazzling Sea of Trees features:
- 8 miles of garland.
- 8 miles of cable that control the choreographed lights.
- It would take over 3 million household Christmas lights to create our Sea of Trees performance.
- Over 100 lighted trees.
- Heights ranging from 10 to 22 feet.
- Trees are planted in up to 14 feet of water.
- SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is included in park admission and takes place Nov. 21-22, 27-29, and Dec. 4-6, 11-13, 18-31.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION