VIDEO: Cocoa Police 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Erin Gutierrez A Voice of Calm During Crisis
By Space Coast Daily // May 15, 2016
What is it like to be a 9-1-1 Dispatcher?
ABOVE VIDEO: They are the voices you hear during your worst moments. The 9-1-1 dispatcher is often the voice of calm during a crisis and is the first point of contact that will make sure help gets to you. Meet Erin Adams Gutierrez, an emergency telecommunicator with the Cocoa Police Department for more than 9 years.
The Cocoa Police Department performs its main functions through the following divisions:
• Administration: Office of Chief of Police, Professional Compliance, and Public Information and Relations
• Investigations: Criminal Investigations, Special Investigations, Criminal Intelligence Analysis, Property and Evidence, Crime Scene, and Victim Services
• Operations: Patrol, SWAT, Crisis Negotiations, K-9, School Resource, Community Reponse Team, Traffic Unit, Training, Crossing Guards, Police Athletic League, and V-COPs
• Support Services: Accreditation, Budget, Communications Center, Grants Management and Records
The Cocoa Police Department operates under a set of principles developed by members of the department to guide the department as they provide police services daily.
The Cocoa Police Department Personnel Consists of:
• 72 sworn police officer positions
• 16 communications officers
• 2 booking officers
• 3 records technicians
• 2 administrative assistants
• 1 police technology manager
• 1 training coordinator
• 1 crime scene / property and evidence technician
• 1 criminal intelligence analyst
• 1 victim advocate coordinator
• 1 public information officer
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COCOA POLICE DEPARTMENT