Spectrum Sports’ Central Florida High School Basketball Top 10 Rankings Features One Brevard School
By Austin Lyon, Spectrum Sports // January 31, 2017
FLORIDA – The top high school boys basketball teams in Central Florida, as selected by the Spectrum Sports staff:
1. First Academy (21-1) – Royals prepare for the playoffs with games against Holy Trinity and Windermere Prep, teams that have combined to go 34-9.
2. Osceola (20-2) – Kowboys will take on Lakeland Kathleen Saturday night on Spectrum Sports at the Stinger Shootout.
3. Oak Ridge (19-3) – Junior guard Michael Devoe poured in 31 points as the Pioneers, ranked No. 1 in 9A, rallied for a 72-66 victory against Evans on Friday night.
4. Wekiva (18-4) – Mustangs will host Ocoee (Tuesday) and travel to Master’s Academy (Friday) in the final week of the regular season.
5. Orlando Christian Prep (19-4) – One more victory would mark the 10th time in 11 years that the Warriors reached 20 wins.
6. Windermere Prep (16-7) – Lakers went 1-2 at the Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament with losses to out-of-state programs.
7. Boone (16-7) – Braves, who haven’t lost since December 29th, end the regular season with a matchup against No. 3 Oak Ridge.
8. Evans (15-6) – Friday’s 72-66 loss to Oak Ridge marked the 10th game this season decided by seven points or less.
9. Holy Trinity (20-3) – Coach Steve Henderson’s Tigers have reached the 20-win mark for the fifth consecutive season.
10. Leesburg (16-6) – A better road record in district games allowed the Yellow Jackets to snag the top seed in 6A, District 13.