VIDEO: University of Central Florida Knights Release 2017 Football Schedule
By Andy Seeley, UCF Sports // February 16, 2017
includes a record four September home games
ABOVE VIDEO: The 2017 UCF football schedule has been unveiled. It includes a record four September home games, 11 Saturday contests and a Black Friday War On I-4 showdown with USF.
ORLANDO, FLORIDA – The 2017 UCF football schedule has been unveiled. It includes a record four September home games, 11 Saturday contests and a Black Friday War On I-4 showdown with USF.
The Knights will kick of their second season under head coach Scott Frost on Sept. 2, when FIU visits Orlando.
UCF will then host American Athletic Conference foe Memphis on Sept. 9, the earliest league game in program history. The tilt vs. the Tigers will be part of Parents Weekend at UCF.
ACC foe Georgia Tech will visit on Sept. 16.
The Knights will go on the road for the first time Sept. 23, when they travel to College Park, Md. to do battle with the Big Ten’s Maryland Terrapins. UCF will be back in Orlando for a contest with Maine on Sept. 30.
UCF opens October with a trip to Cincinnati on Oct. 7. The Knights return to Orlando for Homecoming on Oct. 14 as East Carolina will come calling. UCF hits the road on Oct. 21 for its first-ever meeting with Navy.
⚔️⚔️⚔️ #ChargeOn ⚔️⚔️⚔️ pic.twitter.com/X4o02rgzS2
— UCF Football (@UCF_Football) February 9, 2017
The Knights’ bye week comes after eight games.
November opens with a trip to Dallas for a matchup with SMU on the 4th. UCF will host UConn on Nov. 11 for its #UCFSalutes Military Appreciation Game, before going north to Philadelphia for a contest at Temple on Nov. 18.
The regular season concludes with a War On I-4 matchup as USF will be in town for a Black Friday (Nov. 24) contest. The American Athletic Conference Championship game is slated for Dec. 2.
- Sept. 2 – FIU | First-year head coach Butch Davis leads Panthers; Knights lead series 3-2
- Sept. 9 – Memphis* (Parents Weekend) | First meeting since 2013; Knights lead series 9-1
- Sept. 16 – Georgia Tech | Fourth meeting with Yellowjackets, first in Orlando
- Sept. 23 – at Maryland | Second meeting with Terrapins, first was 30-24 OT loss in 2016
- Sept. 30 – Maine | Knights lead series with Maine 2-0; First two contests held in 1994 and 1995
- Oct. 7 – at Cincinnati* | First-year head coach Luke Fickell leads Bearcats; Series tied at 1-1
- Oct. 14 – East Carolina* (Homecoming) | Knights have won 4 of last 6 vs. Pirates
- Oct. 21 – at Navy*, 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS Sports Network) | UCF’s first contest vs. a service academy
- Nov. 4 – at SMU* | Knights lead series with Mustangs 6-1
- Nov. 11 – UConn* | Second stint at UConn for head coach Randy Edsall; Series tied at 2-2
- Nov. 18 – at Temple* | Former Knights assistant Geoff Collins in first season with Owls; Series tied at 2-2
- Nov. 24 – USF* (ABC/ESPN Networks) | First-year head coach Charlie Strong leads Bulls; War On I-4
- Dec. 2 – AAC Championship | Played on campus of division winner with best conference record
- The Knights have never played four home games in September.
- 2017 will mark the fifth time UCF has played five games in September. The last time was 2000, but only two of those were at home. 1990 and 1984 also saw five September games, but only two at home. In 1989, the Knights played five in September and three at home.
- UCF’s American Athletic Conference matchup with Memphis will be the earliest conference game the Knights have ever played.
The renewal period for season tickets is in full swing with daily prizes going out to those who renew early before March 1st’s deadline. CLICK HERE for information.
It will be the most unique Gameday in college football come Sept. 2 with the Bounce House having an all-new look. CLICK HERE to learn more about the Rise & Conquer Initiative.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY SPORTS