Health First Health Plans To Host Get Active! Brevard Today, Encourages Proper Nutrition and Exercise
By Shona Price, Health First Public Relations Manager // March 4, 2017
EVENT will be held Saturday, March 4 IN VIERA
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Health First Health Plans will host Get Active! Brevard, a community event designed for families to raise awareness about the importance of proper nutrition and physical activity for residents in our community.
Get Active! Brevard will be held Saturday, March 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at Viera Regional Park Community Center, located at 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way.
• Educational opportunities for families who want to learn how to encourage healthy living in their households
• Smoothies and other healthy foods
• “Cooking Healthy Ideas” food demonstration
• Friends & Family CPR training
• “Ask the Pharmacist” informational session with Health First Health Plans pharmacist, Dr. Nancy Youssef
• “Stop the Bleed” training (basic life-saving interventions, including bleeding control using tourniquets)
• Bounce houses, a rock climbing wall, obstacle courses, live dance classes
• Zookeepers and animals from the Brevard Zoo
• Games and prizes
Events will take place both in and outside and the first 300 attendees will receive a free T-shirt.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
FULLY INTEGRATED DELIVERY NETWORK
Founded in 1995, Health First is Brevard County’s not-for-profit, community healthcare system. The fully integrated delivery network includes health insurance plans, hospitals, a multi-specialty medical group and outpatient and wellness services.
As a locally owned, not-for-profit organization, Health First is committed to investing in our community. In 2015, Health First provided more than $129 million in community support.
To learn more about Health First and how we’re giving back to our community, please visit HFgivesback.org
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY HEALTH NEWS