Three New Army 2nd Lieutenants Presented Commissioning Sets During Florida Tech ROTC Ceremony
By Space Coast Daily // May 19, 2019
From College Student To Army Officer
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – Retired U.S. Army Major General John Dreska presented three new Army 2nd Lieutenants with commissioning sets, along with memberships to the Military Officers Association of America and their Cape Canaveral Chapter during Florida Institute of Technology’s ROTC Commissioning Ceremony held May 3.
Receiving their commissioning sets were 2nd Lieutenant Indiaella Kemm-Pineiro, 2nd Lieutenant Julia Hutton, and 2nd Lieutenant Hank Abell.
Army ROTC is one of the best leadership courses in the country and you can make it part of your college curriculum at Florida Tech by joining the Panther Battalion.
Discover Army ROTC And Earn A Full Scholarship To Florida Tech
If you have passion, determination and commitment, you’re not far from qualifying for a United States Army ROTC scholarship. Meet the requirements listed below, successfully complete the Army’s Leader’s Training Course LTC, and you could earn a Florida Tech degree at no cost to you.
Upon graduation, fulfill your commitment as a U.S. Army Officer, either full-time on active duty, or part-time in the Reserves or National Guard.
*The LTC is an all-expenses-paid 28-day internship at Fort Knox, Ky. The course is the entry point for 2-year scholarship cadets. The course is intensive, challenging and motivating, and it allows the Army to assess your leadership potential.
All Costs Are Covered
- The Army ROTC Award pays tuition, books and a monthly stipend of $350-$500 (depending on student’s ROTC academic year level)
- The Florida Tech ROTC Scholarship covers room and board.
Why ROTC At Florida Tech?
Choose Florida Tech if you are interested in a university that champions hard work, determination, innovation and integrity.
Also, consider the benefits you would enjoy as a Florida Tech ROTC cadet:
- Hands-on education in the major you want
- World-class leadership training
- Full tuition scholarships
- Unbeatable location on Florida’s “Space Coast”
- Faculty and staff who care about your success
- Guaranteed employment after graduation
- Learn valuable lessons for life and career
To be eligible for the Army ROTC program at Florida Tech, you must:
- Apply, be accepted and enroll at Florida Tech
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a full-time student
- Have a 2.5 GPA or greater
- Have at least two years remaining until a bachelor’s degree is earned
- Be able to pass an Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)**
- Be medically qualified through the United States Department of Defense
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS