Juvederm and Restylane: Comparison of the Fillers
By Space Coast Daily // November 28, 2019
Today it is not easy to come to know the particulars of the variety of beauty products in the market. Patients and specialists are particularly interested in dermal fillers for contouring and biorevitalization.
When it comes to the correction of age-related changes, there is often a discussion about whether it is better to use Restylane or Juvederm, as both fillers seem to be identical in their properties and are in constant “rivalry” with each other.
Details Regarding the Use of Hyaluronic Fillers
Juvederm and Restylane fillers are hyaluronic acid-based medications formulated to correct age-related changes and to provide a comprehensive skin rejuvenation.
Each of the brands (buy Juvederm online – https://www.medi-wholesale.net/brands/juvederm.html) offers its varieties that differ in the concentration of the active substance and are meant to solve aesthetic problems of particular areas of the skin.
The indications for the use of Juvederm and Restylane fillers are almost identical and are as follows:
- Age-related wrinkles and facial lines
- Folds and creases in the perioral area
- Insufficient volume of some areas of the face and body (cheeks, cheekbones, chin, hands)
- Correction of the nasolabial triangle
- Correction of the shape and volume of lips, smoothing out wrinkles around the mouth and above the upper lip
- Improving facial contours
- Improving the look of veins on the back of the hands
Both products are equally effective in solving the above-mentioned aesthetic problems and guarantee immediate effects that last from half a year to a year on average, depending on the product and the body’s susceptibility.
When is It Better to Use Juvederm and When Is Restylane Recommended?
In order to understand which of the fillers should be favored in a particular situation, it is necessary to compare the fillers with similar mode of action available in the manufacturers’ product lines.
Usually both products are used in lip and perioral contouring plasty, yet, there are significant differences between them.
There are 3 fillers presented by Restylane for this purpose that differ slightly in the scope of action:
- Restylane Lip – to correct the shape and slightly increase the volume of the lips, compensate for the lack of moisture and eliminate fine lines around the mouth
- Restylane Lip Volume – to create lush and puffy lips
- Restylane Lip Refresh – to improve the overall condition of the lips, eliminate dryness and cracks, restore natural color and natural contours.
Stabilized with the unique NASHA technology, the fillers have a soft and plastic texture that goes well with the dermis and does not cause rejections.
The effect is preserved for about 6 months. If necessary, the preparations are easily removed by means of a splitting injection of hyaluronidase.
Juvederm fillers are no less effective in lip rejuvenation. For example, Juvederm Ultra Smile has been formulated specifically for this purpose. It has some obvious advantages over similar Restylane products.
The main difference between Juvederm and Restylane is the viscosity and density of the active substance, which should be taken into account when applying the gel in certain areas of the face.
Thus, it is possible to use both fillers for nasolabial folds and nasolacrimal furrows, but it is not recommended to inject Juvederm in and around the eyes, as its dense texture and a high level of hydrophilicity can provoke severe swelling.
Which is better – Restylane or Juvederm – is a rhetorical question that needs to be discussed in detail taking into account the problems of a particular skin type.