Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Braised Florida Cabbage, Potatoes and Sausage
By Space Coast Daily // March 17, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of braised Florida cabbage, potatoes, and sausage.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of braised Florida cabbage, potatoes, and sausage.
- 1 pound small Florida potatoes, diced or quartered
- ½ head Florida cabbage, chopped
- 1 pound smoked Florida sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, parsley), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Oil for cooking
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear smoked sausage until brown then remove and set aside. Without wiping pan, add 1 teaspoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add garlic and potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes or until some caramelization occurs.
- Add cabbage, seared sausage, and broth. Mix to combine, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Serve immediately.
Fresh tip: Florida cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, K and potassium.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS