Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Squash and Tomato Gratin – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // March 5, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida Squash and Tomato Gratin.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida Squash and Tomato Gratin.
- 2 medium Florida yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Florida zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 medium Florida tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Evenly spread the garlic, shallots, and basil in the bottom of the prepared dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Angle the yellow squash, zucchini and tomatoes in upright alternating layers (like shingles on a roof), repeating until all the vegetables are used in the casserole.
- Sprinkle the top with the cheese, then the breadcrumbs. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS