MASK WEARING 101: Health First Gives Helpful Tips to Make Sure You’re Properly Wearing a Face Mask
By Health First // July 28, 2020
this friendly reminder can be shared among your family and loved ones
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – In the era of COVID-19, wearing a face mask is now the new normal as we try to minimize the virus’ spread in our community.
For some of us, wearing them doesn’t seem too complicated — but it could be for others who might be accidentally exposing themselves without even knowing.
Fortunately, this friendly reminder can be shared among your family and loved ones to help better protect us all.
Here are some important details for you to remember when properly wearing a face mask or covering, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
▪ Wash your hands before putting on your face mask
▪ Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
▪ Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
▪ Make sure you can breathe easily
▪ Don’t put the face mask around your neck or up on your forehead
▪ Don’t touch the face mask, and, if you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer to disinfect
This safety measure is just one way to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19 and is highly effective when worn the correct way.
That also includes regularly cleaning and sanitizing your face mask to help avoid the spread of germs or cross contamination.
Click here to read how to properly clean and dry a cloth face mask.
While face masks are crucial layers of protection, it’s important we all continue to follow social distancing standards and remain at least six feet apart.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS