OFFICIALS: Brevard County Residents Must Contact Waste Management for Bulky Waste Collection
By Space Coast Daily // June 29, 2021
Customers are REQUIRED to contact Waste Management for bulky waste
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Residents in unincorporated Brevard County are being reminded that Waste Management must be contacted in advance for bulky waste collection of items such as furniture, loose bags outside of their garbage cart for normal waste collection, or large and loose yard waste piles three cubic yards or greater (about the size of a picnic table) that require a clam truck for collection service.
Clam yard waste piles are collected by a different collection truck on a different day than a resident’s containerized yard waste service day.
Bulky waste includes items such as household furnishings (couch, mattress, table), white goods (household appliances) or other items too large to be placed inside your cart.
• Customers are REQUIRED to contact Waste Management’s Customer Service Department to schedule collection for bulky waste.
• Wood, such as fencing and other construction and demolition debris, is NOT included in Brevard County’s curbside collection contract. Customers may contact Waste Management’s Customer Service Department for collection disposal options and pricing for such items.
Residents can reach Waste Management in three ways to schedule bulky waste collection services:
– In the North County area, call (321) 636-6894.
– In the Central or South County area, call (321) 723-4455.
– Email at CentralFloridaService@wm.com, or live chat at wm.com.
Residents are also to be aware that landscaping, land clearing and tree-trimming contractors are required under Brevard County ordinance to haul away and properly dispose of any yard waste debris they generate on residential property.
Waste Management is not required to collect yard waste generated by a contractor.
– Containerized yard waste and small piles are serviced on your regularly scheduled yard waste collection day and must be curbside by 6 a.m.
– Large, loose yard waste piles (anything bigger than the size of a washing machine) are collected on a separate day by a different type of collection vehicle.
– Customers are required to contact Waste Management’s Customer Service Department to schedule collection for a large, loose yard waste pile.
– Please do not bag yard waste. Bagged yard waste is not accepted at the Brevard County Landfill.