Ten At-Home Workout Exercises
By Space Coast Daily // October 27, 2022
Most people want to get into shape or dream about a type of body they want, but most times, the only thing getting in their way is having to pay a gym membership fee.
Also, the stress of having to transport themselves to the gym and back seems to be a factor.
Thanks to this list of exercises that can be performed at home without needing workout equipment, now there is no more excuse.
The amazing fact about these ten at-home workout exercises is that they can be done anywhere with tailored workout builder software. If you are truly ready to quit your excuses and tone up and start feeling strong, these ten at-home workouts are definitely for you.
Ready? Let’s jump right in.
Burpee is not a popular exercise or at-home workout. Burpees are exercising to help work a group of muscles in the body. A burpee is simply made up of two parts of exercise, which is a push followed by a leap in the air.
It is important to note that doing several burpee workouts in a row might be very intense and tiring. But, it is worth the payoff. The particular reason for this circumstance is that it helps in building strength and endurance while Burning calories.
Health Benefits: Cardiovascular fitness improvement, overall body exercise
Steps in burpee
- Firstly, Stand in a straight position. Pull your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Get into a squat position.
- Keep your hands flat on the floor directly in front of your feet.
- Position your weight to rest on your hands.
- Step your feet back to a plank position.
- With your hand overhead jump into the air.
- Upon landing, return to a squat position.
- Repeat the steps.
- Always be mindful of not letting your butt stick up, and also do not let your back sag
Leg lifts are essentially a basic exercise that targets the abs which involve lying flat on the floor while using the abs to lift your legs. Your back must remain rigid on the floor at all times to ensure a successful workout. It is effective in building up the hip muscles and muscles in front of the body.
No equipment is needed for a leg lift workout except a comfortable place to lie down or a mat. Leg lifts essentially benefit the core muscles of the body. What this does is ensure that there are no incidences of lower pain in the back.
Health benefits: Improves the upper and lower abs
Steps in leg lifts
- First, assume a lying position on the back while keeping your legs straight and together.
- Make sure that your buttocks move up while you lift your legs upwards
- Now, drop your legs slowly hanging above ground level. Now, hold for a moment and tighten the muscles.
- Raise your legs in the same manner, then repeat.
- You don’t need to get too high while lifting to notice your abs engaging.
The bicycle crunch is one of the best at-home workout exercises. The bicycle crunch exercise is a simple exercise that targets the abdominal and obliques. It also increases core body strength while adding cardiovascular attributes to your ab workout routine. It creates a constant movement of the body, while improving the heart and burns more calories as well.
Health benefits: Improves all areas of the abs.
Steps in bicycle crunch
- First, lie on the floor while keeping your hands behind your head.
- Keep your legs up in a way that your knees are above your hips.
- While keeping your core engaged twist the right knee towards the right elbow
- Now slowly switch sides
- Ensure to do three sets of twenty
- Ensure to keep you
The squat exercise helps in targeting, shaping, and strengthening the entire lower body. Most essentially it benefits the backside of the body since it engages all the muscles of the lower body at once. It is a basic at-home workout exercise that requires no equipment to start. The benefits of squats are not only to the lower body it also benefits the body as a whole. It helps to improve the flexibility and function of the hips, knees, and ankles.
Health benefits: Helps in strengthening the lower body
Steps in squats
- First, stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Point your toes outwards.
- Bend your butt towards the floor.
- Ensure to keep your body core engaged and your back straight.
- Now return to a standing position.
- Repeat the steps
Pushup exercise is a basic upper body-building exercise. The pushup exercise does not burn fat directly, but it helps in building up muscles thereby increasing metabolism in the body which can lead to weight loss. It helps to increase the muscles around the chest, arms shoulder, and body core.
Health benefits: It helps to strengthen the upper body
Steps in pushups
- First, get down on the floor on all fours.
- Now, place your hands slightly wider than your shoulder, then straighten your arms
- Now, lower your body on the floor, and ensure that your chest does not touch the floor.
- Take a pause, then push your body back up.
This is a perfect warm-up exercise to get the blood moving and build up muscle tone in the shoulder area. It is one of the most basic at-home workouts which can be done anywhere, even while watching a movie.
To get the best result it should be done at least 5-7 minutes per day. More importantly, it is the best exercise for people who use computers for a long period.
Health benefits: it helps to loosen a stiff shoulder
Steps in arm-circles
- First, maintain a standing position, then keep your hands parallel to the ground
- Make a circular motion with your arms
- Ensure to make a complete ten rotations, the reverse
- Now, make a switch between small and big circular motions
- Ensure to move slowly during the movements.
The glut bridge commonly referred to as the bridge workout is a challenging and effective at-home workout exercise. It is an excellent choice to add to your workout routine. It is an exercise that targets the back, the hamstrings, and the glutes.
Health benefits: It helps to improve the abs, glutes, and hamstrings
Steps in the bridge
- First, lie down on the floor with your knees bent and arms at your sides.
- Ensure that your core is engaged along with your buttocks muscles.
- Now raise your hips towards the air, while keeping a straight line between your shoulder and knees
- You must hold for twenty to thirty seconds
- Now lower your hips slowly.
- Repeat the steps
The stationary lunges work the entire lower body. This exercise can be done anywhere, even while taking a walk outside. It helps in the improvement of the body’s balance and stability.
Generally, stationary lunges burn 50-100 calories depending on the duration of the workout. It is an intense training session for the legs, thereby improving the calves.
Health benefits: Improvement of strength and stability of the body
Steps in stationary lunges
- First, stand straight and keep your feet hip-width apart
- Keeps your hands on your hips at all time to provide stability.
- Now keep your abs tightened
- Now ensure that the weight of your body is shifted forward as you take a step
- Now press into your front heel when you push back up to the starting position
- Repeat the same steps on the other side
A mountain climber workout is the best exercise for building up the Body’s Core strength and agility. It helps to ensure a total body workout. It is the best exercise that helps in the improvement of the heart rate while burning more calories.
Health benefits: It is a basic full-body workout that helps to improve heart rate
Steps in mountain climber
- First, begin with a full plank position
- Now pull your right knee towards your chest, then quickly switch to the left
- Ensure that your abs are kept tight at all times
- Make sure your spine is kept straight as you move quicker
Knee push-ups are an essential way to work on the upper body and improve strength. It is a simple way to lighten a load of a normal pushup while improving the upper body strength and body core. It can simply be done anywhere.
Health benefit: Upper body strength improvement
Steps in knee pushups
- First, start by kneeling on the floor
- Keep your hands in front of you, and while extending your arms put your shoulder-width apart while engaging your body core
- Lower your hips until it grazes the floor
- Tighten your abs
- Push your hips up by straightening your arms
- Repeat the steps
With these at-home exercises, there should be no excuses for an individual who has a goal of losing weight without paying for a gym membership. Also, you can use builder software for workouts to keep track of your workout routine.