Easiest Programs for Obtaining an EU Passport
By Space Coast Daily // November 13, 2023
Nowadays it is very prestigious and advantageous to be the owner of an EU citizenship document, as it opens up a number of advantages.
However, it is not easy to obtain such a document, although it is realistic. To do this, you need to choose a country with the most loyal conditions and a large percentage of approved applications, as well as find a program that will suit your particular case. Please note that second nationality is allowed in the EU, which means that your country’s passport also remains legal. For more details, please visit passportivity.com.
What are CBI programs and why are they chosen?
There are several investment immigration programs for entrepreneurs in the European Union. Each eurozone country has the most developed areas where local authorities invest money. An entrepreneur should apply for a European passport in those countries that offer the easiest conditions for obtaining it. It is also advantageous and more likely to become an EU citizen under the European CBI program. For this purpose it is necessary to finance real estate or make other injections into the economy, meet the requirements prescribed by the local authorities and be ready to fulfill certain obligations in relation to the selected country. It is also recommended to obtain the support of an immigration consultant and order his legal support
The reasons for the global popularity of Euro passports are simple and straightforward:
- travel accessibility: you can enter 150+ countries without a visa, and travel between the 28 EU member states for free and without restrictions;
- unlimited rights to work in any European city of the EU countries, at the applicant’s request;
- opportunity to quickly register your company in any EU member state, funding for young start-ups;
- permission to own real estate in one or more European countries;
- access to the best medical care and education;
- the right to pass on your citizenship to your children and grandchildren by inheritance;
- unlimited advisory support from any member state.
There are several ways to help the applicant and his family members obtain the easiest Eu citizenship by investment and move to a more comfortable place to live.
Let’s take a closer look at them.
CBI in Cyprus
The Cypriot government invites everyone to move to permanent residence for investment under the following conditions:
- purchase real estate in the amount of 300,000 EUR;
- open a deposit in a Cypriot bank in the amount of 30,000 EUR;
- prove that the applicant’s annual income is at least 30,000 EUR for himself and another 5,000 EUR for each family member, and this income is stable.
And after 7 years of continuous residence on the beautiful island, you will be able to obtain a local passport.
CBI in Malta
You can move to this exotic country within 3 years if you invest in the local economy from 650,000 EUR or within a year if you can make an investment of 750,000 EUR. This money is transferred to the Malta National Development Fund. You also need to make a charitable payment of 10,000 EUR. If the applicant plans to move to Malta with his family, the investment amount increases by EUR 50,000 per person.
CBI in Austria
The path to an Austrian passport begins with obtaining a residence permit card, which can be received by direct contribution to the country’s economy. Next, you need to choose one of the options offered by the Austrian state:
- contribution to business in the amount of EUR 10 million;
- investments in a development fund from EUR 3 million.
The applicant does not need to live in the country and know the national language, and the citizenship can be obtained in 24-26 months.
CBI in Portugal
You can become a full-fledged Portuguese citizen 5 years after purchasing a residence permit for investment. The investment amount ranges from 250,000 to 1,000,000 EUR and depends on the selected category. This could be creating a business; purchase of real estate or company shares, contribution to an investment fund; contribution to research, art or reconstruction of national heritage.
To renew the card, the holder of a residence permit only needs to visit Portugal for 7–14 days a year. When applying for citizenship, the candidate needs to prove the availability of housing in this country, a stable income of a certain level, and also pass an exam on knowledge of the national language at a basic level.
CBI in Greece
To get a Greek passport under this program, you need to live in the country for at least 7 years and make the following investments in the local economy:
- real estate: 500,000 EUR;
- local company: 400,000 EUR;
- government bonds or securities of a real estate company: EUR 400,000;
- bank deposit: 400,000 EUR;
- corporate bonds: EUR 800,000.
You can also include the investor’s family members in the application; for each of them you will also have to pay the amounts specified in the program.
Thus, obtaining the status of a citizen of the European Union gives a foreigner an opportunity to get the fastest European citizenship benefits. At the same time, it is quite realistic to get it if you choose the country and the appropriate program. The most reliable option is the CBI program, but you can find other options.
You can deal with this issue on your own. However, to save time and money, it is better to contact a specialized company. The specialists of the migration agency will advise you where and according to what procedure to apply for it in order to get the coveted passport with maximum probability, which will open up great prospects for you and your family.