Fire Strikes Titusville’s Sherwood Golf Club
By Space Coast Daily // December 1, 2012
Damages To Facilities About $10,000
BREVARD COUNTY • TITUSVILLE, FLORIDA – A Saturday golf tournament will proceed as scheduled Saturday in Titusville despite a fire at the facility’s clubhouse late Friday night.
Lt. Jeff Taylor of Brevard County Fire Rescue said firefighters put out an electrical fire late Friday at the Sherwood Golf Club’s banquet facilities and clubhouse in Titusville.
Taylor said Brevard County firefighters were dispatched to 4335 London Town Road in Titusville at 10:21 p.m. Friday for reports of an eletrical fire on an upper level of the Sherwood Golf Club’s banquet facilities and clubhouse.
Firefighters reported seeing light smoke coming from the third floor of the three-story building when they arrived minutes later.
Crews quickly stretched a hand lines inside the structure and located a small fire that originated at an electrical outlet. The main body of fire was quickly extinguished but not before flames spread vertically inside the walls and made their way to the attic space of the building.
Damages to the building are estimated at $10,000.
Despite the setback, Sherwood Golf Club representatives say the golf course will remain open for business and the tournament will continue as planned. The clubhouse will remain closed pending inspections by both the Building and Health Departments.
The building is insured and plans to repair the damage are under way.
No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported.
Taylor said Brevard County Fire Rescue crews were assisted at the scene by personnel from Titusville Fire & Emergency Services.