Don’t Miss Today’s Pink Ribbon Walk and 5K At Port Canaveral To Fight Breast Cancer
By Space Coast Daily // October 3, 2015
SPACE COAST DAILY PRESENTS THE PINK RIBBON FESTIVAL
You may sign up at the event on Saturday morning by going to the PINK TENT next to the stage, just outside the Exploration Tower. Please bring your $25 donation in cash per person and register at the tent. For information e-mail Contact@SpaceCoactDaily.com or call 321-323-4460.
SEE COMPLETE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS BELOW
BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA — Port Canaveral will be a sea of pink on Saturday as people from all walks of life join together to fight cancer during the 2015 Pink Ribbon Walk, which will also include several new exciting events.
“Space Coast Daily recognizes Breast Cancer Awareness Month by presenting the 2015 Pink Ribbon Walk at Port Canaveral – and also adding a touch of pink to SpaceCoastDaily.com,” said Space Coast Daily Editor-In-Chief Dr, Jim Palermo.
“While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go and need your help during the Pink Ribbon Walk to bring a wider awareness.”
In addition to the Pink Ribbon Walk, the popular event for charity for 2015 will include a 5K Run; Active Living Health Fair, Food and Marketplace; Butterfly Release; Beer and Wine Garden; Live Bands; Space Coast Art Festival “Hands On Crafts” Interactive Exhibit; Kids Fun Zone; Ninja Style Challenge Course for all ages, Fireball Run Cars Display; Bed & Bathtub Races; and Shrimp Peeling Contest.
The day’s activities will conclude as The Cove restaurants continue the party with special offers.
“This is a unique, family-oriented event benefiting Space Coast Cancer Foundation, and thousands of people are expected to participate,” said Mike Schwarz, general manager and owner of Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill.
“Come out and enjoy a day full of family fun, walk for a cause in the Pink Ribbon Walk, shop the local vendors, enjoy food from a variety of food trucks, participate in the exciting Bed and Bathtub Race and try your skills at the Shrimp Peeling Contest – all while the kids are having fun in the Kids Zone.”
A new addition to this year’s event is the 5K run organized by the Running Zone, and the Pink Ribbon Challenge Course, an obstacle-style course allowing cancer survivors an opportunity to compete.
“The Running Zone is proud to become a partner with the Port Canaveral Cove Merchants Association to add a 5K run to the annual Pink Ribbon Walk,” said Denise Piercy of the Running Zone.
“The Pink Ribbon event is a wonderful benefit for our community and we look forward to bringing thousands of runners to Port Canaveral in October.”
Since it’s inception in 1997, the Port Canaveral’s Cove Merchants Association (CMA) has been promoting, organizing and producing community events at Port Canaveral to benefit Brevard County.
“Our Cove Merchants Association organizes this event every year as we all feel that the Space Coast Cancer Center Foundation does such amazing work for people fighting this terrible disease,” said Schwarz.
“This year we expect more than 1,000 people to participate in the Pink Ribbon Walk, and thanks to the Running Zone, we also expect more than 1,000 runners in the new Pink Ribbon 5K Run.”
Also new this year will be a fun and educational Port Canaveral Pink Ribbon Active Living Health Fair in which health-related businesses will exhibit their goods and services.
“Our port is the people’s port, and the incredible turnout that our community always produces for this event is an indication of how much they love Port Canaveral,” said Mac McLouth, Cove Merchant’s Association board member and former Port Canaveral Commissioner.
“We are very excited for the future of Port Canaveral and for our association to continue to sponsor and produce the events that benefit the community like our Pink Ribbon Walk and Run.”
The health fair will be presented by Space Coast Medicine and Active Living Magazine and Space Coast Daily. Corporate sponsorships are also available for companies who wish to support this great event and bring more awareness to their services.
“The Cove Merchant’s Association Pink Ribbon event is fun for the whole family, and it’s amazing to see the display of love and passion our community has in support of the Space Coast Cancer Center Foundation,” said Rhoda Solano Brennan, CMA board member and owner of Milliken’s Reef Restaurant.
GIVE BLOOD AT THE BIG RED BUS
The Big Red Bus will be on hand at The Pink Ribbon Walk for people to donate blood. Check in at The Big Red Bus for information.
People are encouraged to register early as the race will fill up prior to October 3.
2015 PINK RIBBON SCHEDULE
Pink Ribbon Walk & Exploration Tower 5K, Saturday, October 3, 2015 at the Port Canaveral Exploration Tower – a charity benefit to support the Space Coast Cancer Foundation.
• 6:30 a.m. – Pink Ribbon Exploration Tower 5K Run Packet Pickup and Registration
• 7 – 9 a.m. – Vendor Set Up
• 7 a.m. – Pink Ribbon Walk Packet Pickup & Registration – Franklin Productions Pink Tent
• 7 a.m. – 7:30 a.m Lonnie and Delinda live music
• 7:30 a.m. – Zumba warm-up featuring ZTRIBE VIBE with Sharon & Trilby
• 8 a.m. – 10 am – Live Radio remote with Mindy from 99.3 FM’s Mike and Mindy In The Morning Radio.
• 8 a.m. – Pink Ribbon Exploration Tower 5K Run Starts
• 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m Lonnie and Delinda live music
• 8:30 a.m. – Zumba warm-up featuring ZTRIBE VIBE with Sharon & Trilby
• 9 a.m. – Butterfly Release
• 9 a.m. – Pink Ribbon Walk Starts
• 9 a.m. – Vendors Village Opens With Active Living Health Fair, Food and Marketplace
• 9 a.m. – 11 a.m The Cocoa Beach Boys in concert From Stage
• 9 a.m. – Space Coast Art Festival “Hands On Crafts” Interactive Exhibit Opens
• 9 a.m. – Ninja Challenge Obstacle Course Opens – for all ages
• 9 a.m. – Kids Fun Zone Bounce House Opens
• 9:15 a.m. – Pink Ribbon Exploration Tower 5K Run Awards from Stage
• 10 a.m. – Exploration Tower At Port Canaveral Opens (Special discounted admission prices)
• 10:30 a.m. – Pink Ribbon Walk Awards From Stage from stage
• 11 a.m. Fun Exercise with Cocoa Beach Fitness’s Carlos Leal & Jacqui Eaton – stage
• 11 a.m. – Fireball Run Cars On Display At the Exploration Tower On National Tour
• 11:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m. – Andy Harrington in concert
• 11 a.m – 1 p.m – Live Radio Remote with 107.1 Fm Radio personalities
• 1 p.m. – 12th Annual “Bed & Bathtub Races” Begin
• 2:00 p.m – 3:30 p.m. – Smoke & Oak in concert
• 3 p.m. – Shrimp Peeling Contest Begins (Presented by Wild Ocean Seafood Market)
• 4 p.m. – Live Concert and Party Featuring “Groove Bone”
• 6 p.m. – Cove Restaurants & Bars Open and party continues in Cove
CLICK HERE TO DONATE OR CALL 321 508-3547