Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey Details BCSO’s Goals, Crime Prevention Focus for 2018
By Space Coast Daily // January 2, 2018
BREVARD crime rate down 16 percent since 2013
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – As 2017 comes to a close, it’s now time to focus our efforts on Crime Prevention for the coming year.
Last year we placed a strong emphasis on trying to bring awareness to the importance of lowering the incidence of Domestic Violence in our community and in working to stop Driving Under the Influence.
While both of those crimes are still in our immediate focus, in the coming year we will employ significant awareness and energy on the following areas of Crime Prevention, Safety and making sure that Brevard County is one of the most awesome places in the country to call home.
2018 Crime Prevention, Safety, And Community Goals:
1. Continue to work in partnership with our citizens to lower our crime rate, which is down 16 percent since 2013.
2. Lower the pedestrian death rate. Brevard County is currently No. 1 in the country in pedestrian deaths.
3. Stop Texting While Driving Awareness Campaign…“It can wait!”
4. Community awareness and education on opioid abuse.
5. Continue to focus on eradicating domestic violence.
6. Eliminate Animal Abuse.
7. Re-empower parents to be the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in their child’s life.
8. Find a Forever Home for every homeless pet.
9. Continue our partnership with our local not-for-profits to help everyone in their time of need.
10. Continue to have one of the most Professional Law Enforcement Agencies in the country.
As we continue to work closely with our citizens we will be rolling out some new programs through our Social Media efforts as well as through the efforts of our Crime Prevention Unit to make sure that we are doing everything possible to bring our citizens vital crime prevention information before they become a victim, not after.
So as we collectively prepare for an exciting new year, I want to personally thank each of our citizens for the incredible support of our agency and for partnering with us to lower our crime rate while keeping Brevard County a great place to live, work and raise our families.
– Sheriff Wayne Ivey
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY CRIME NEWS