AAA Offering Florida Eight Graders the Chance to Win the Trip of a Lifetime to Europe
By AAA // August 23, 2018
60 STUDENTS WILL WIN EUROPEAN RIVER CRUISE
(AAA) – AAA will give Florida eighth graders the chance to go on the trip of a lifetime.
The Auto Club Group will hold a contest where the winners receive free round-trip airfare to Amsterdam, travel insurance, money for passports, and a river cruise through the Netherlands and Belgium.
The Auto Club Group is partnering with AMA Waterways and Allianz Global Assistance to provide the trip. A total of 60 students in select states will be chosen to go on what AAA calls the “Discovery Crew” cruise.
The contest runs from August 21 – September 21, 2018. Students can enter at AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew.
To be eligible, students must be:
- Entering the 8th grade in good standing
- At least 13 years old
- Reside in Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, or select areas of Illinois, Indiana, or Minnesota.
- Visit AAA.com/DiscoveryCrew to confirm eligibility
Winners will be selected based on:
- A creative selfie, showcasing their love for travel
- Their answers to three essay questions:
- Why do you want to go on this trip?
- How do rivers affect the communities through which they run?
- During the trip, you’ll meet many people. In what ways do you expect the people you meet to be similar to and different from yourself and your friends and family?
Winners will be notified beginning in October.
Those students get to bring one parent or legal guardian to serve as a chaperone. Each pair will share a cabin while sailing on the AMA Waterways “AmaDante” ship, from March 28 – April 4, 2019.
“This is the first time AAA has held a contest like this,” said Deborah Haas, Vice President, Travel Products, and Services, AAA-The Auto Club Group.
“We truly want to inspire young travelers and make the world their classroom. The winners will explore beautiful destinations in The Netherlands and Belgium, learn about the people and their culture; and create memories that will last a lifetime.
“AAA is extremely excited to co-sponsor the contest and trip,” Haas continued. “This would not be possible without our travel partners AMA Waterways – who donated the cruise – and Allianz Global Assistance.”
Click here for official rules, prize descriptions, and eligible zip codes.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS