WATCH: Palm Bay Police Motorcycle Sergeant Chris Van Zandt Tells Us Why He Loves His Job
By Space Coast Daily // November 17, 2018
LAW ENFORCEMENT SPOTLIGHT
WATCH: The Palm Bay Police Department Motorcycle Division currently consists of two motorcycle officers, Sergeant Chris Van Zandt and Officer Jeff Reardon. Sgt. Van Zandt talks about the benefits of the motorcycle unit and tells us why he’s proud to be part of the Palm Bay Police Department.
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – The Palm Bay Police Department Motorcycle Division currently consists of two motorcycle officers, Sergeant Chris Van Zandt and Officer Jeff Reardon. In the above video, Sgt. Van Zandt talks about the benefits of the motorcycle unit and tells us why he’s proud to be part of the Palm Bay Police Department.
Palm Bay Police headquarters operates from a modern facility built in 1990. The 33,000 square foot two-story building, located adjacent to City Hall, houses more than 200 public safety personnel.
The City of Palm Bay was incorporated in 1959 under its current charter. What was once a small agricultural community in the 1950’s has become the largest city in Brevard County with a current population of over 115,000.
“Our rapid growth has created an ongoing challenge from demands on resources and services,” said City of Palm Bay officials. “We meet that challenge with determination and optimism.”
“For anybody looking for a rewarding career in law enforcement, look no further,” said Sgt. Van Zandt.
Here are just some of the benefits the Palm Bay Police Department offers for our certified experienced law enforcement officers:
- Pension buy-back for previous law enforcement or military experience (maximum 4 years)
- Take home car program (35-mile radius)
- Retirement plan offers 85% at 25 years of service
- 3% COLA annually, after the third year
- 5-year DROP benefit available
- 100% vested at 10 years
- Eligible for all Investigations and Specialty Units upon completion of a one-year probation
- Up to $4,000 sign on bonus for experienced officers
- Up to $2,500 relocation incentive
- Family-friendly schedule (work 14 days a month with 4 consecutive days off)
The Palm Bay Police Department only accepts applications during official posting periods. Visit our employment website to view current openings.
The City of Palm Bay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS