FRESH FROM FLORIDA TAILGATE RECIPE: Enjoy Florida Boiled Peanuts Before a Football Game
By Space Coast Daily // September 4, 2019
Fresh tip: Add cajun seasoning to pressure cooker for spicy boiled peanuts
ABOVE VIDEO: Enjoy this Fresh From Florida recipe of Florida boiled peanuts as an appetizing snack before a football game.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Enjoy this Fresh From Florida recipe of Florida boiled peanuts as an appetizing snack before a football game.
• 3 pounds Florida green peanuts
• 2 tablespoons Florida sugar
• 1 cup sea salt
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose seasoning (such as Everglades)
• 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
• Water to cover
• Wash and rinse peanuts to remove any debris. Pour into the pressure cooker with enough water to cover peanuts; add salt, seasoning, and liquid smoke.
• Place lid on and close and turn pressure lever to pressure setting. Cook for 75 minutes or until tender. Carefully release steam by turning pressure lever to vent (steam can cause severe burns, do not place hand over or near steam).
• If desired, drain water, but peanuts can also be stored in the water (saltiness may increase with time if stored in water they cooked in). Serve warm or cold.
Fresh tip: Add cajun seasoning to pressure cooker for spicy boiled peanuts.
*Use leftover boiled peanuts to make our hummus and sauce recipes.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS