Brevard County Offers Grants to Small Businesses and Nonprofit Organizations Impacted by COVID-19
By Space Coast Daily // July 25, 2020
application period runs July 27 to August 10
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Small businesses and nonprofit organizations may be eligible for grants of up to $10,000 to offset expenses and lost revenue related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
To be eligible through the Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program, the small business:
▪ Must be physically located in Brevard County.
▪ Must have had 50 or fewer employees as of January 1, 2020.
▪ Must have been negatively impacted financially by the COVID-19 public health emergency
▪ Must be enrolled in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program.
▪ Applicant’s revenue losses or expenses utilized to establish program eligibility and grant amount must not have been reimbursed through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Small Business Administration (SBA) Debt Relief Program or other similar federal and state programs.
▪ Nonprofits that are eligible must be a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6) or a 501(c)(19) as designated by Internal Revenue Code.
The application period runs July 27 through August 10. Google Chrome is recommended for online applications.
On July 7, 2020, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) allocated $10 million through the CARES Act fund for local governments to a Small Business and Non-Profit Economic Relief Program. CARES Act funding will be made available to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility requirements established by the BOCC for Brevard’s Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program and Specific priorities intended to advance economic development in Brevard County.
For more information, call 321-350-9194 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS