BCSO Conducts Operation To Combat Underage Alcohol Use
By Brevard County Sheriff // August 31, 2013
eight businesses issued Notices To Appear
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office West Precinct last Thursday initiated an operation seeking alcohol sale compliance checks at businesses in an effort to combat underage alcohol use.
The operation conducted 59 business checks, with 51 found to be in complete compliance. Eight employees from eight different businesses were issued Notices To Appear for Selling, giving, or serving alcoholic beverages to a person under the age of 21.
“This operation was initiated by a very community oriented squad of deputies who wanted to address a growing concern prior to the Holiday weekend,” said Sheriff Wayne Ivey.
“I applaud their efforts to keep our kids safe and also applaud the 51 businesses who were found to be in complete compliance and doing everything they can to protect our kids and young adults.”
The following persons were charged:
• 55-year-old Laurence Devore: Florida Wine & Spirits, 5410 Murrell Road, Viera
• 33-year-old Tammy R. Jones: Kangaroo, 2200 S. Fiske Blvd., Cocoa, Florida
• 22-year-old Tejashkumar Desai: BP, 4220 W. King Street., Cocoa, Florida
• 51-year-old Jeffrey R. Pueppka: 7-11, 3986 N. Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne
• 27-year-old Benjamin Samuel: Hess, 1600 Clearlake Road., Cocoa
• 60-year-old Sherif S. Saleh: Texaco, 923 West King Street, Cocoa
• 35-year-old Felecia Velazquez: ABC Liquor, 1105 Clearlake Road, Cocoa
• 38-year-old Jayesh Barai: BP Gas Station, 5 N. Cocoa Blvd., Cocoa