Design Contest for Cocoa Village Gateway Entry Along Forrest Avenue and State Road 520 Closes June 1
By Space Coast Daily // May 17, 2018
chosen design will be constructed on the triangle located along Forrest Ave. and State Road 520
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA, FLORIDA – The Cocoa Community Redevelopment Agency, in partnership with Cocoa Main Street, Historic Cocoa Village Association and ArtBeatz Cocoa has announced a design contest for a Cocoa Village gateway entry feature at the property located at 6 Forrest Avenue.
The contest is open through June 1 to anyone who would like to submit a design. The chosen design will be engineered and constructed on the triangle piece of property located along Forrest Ave. and State Road 520.
The Cocoa CRA purchased the piece of property in 2016 with the intent to redevelop the site into a green space with a gateway entry feature that is also referenced in the Cocoa CRA Waterfront Master Plan.
All designs must be submitted to Cocoa Main Street no later than Friday, June 1 at CocoaMainStreetUSA@gmail.com
Once all entries have been submitted, a committee of Cocoa Village Association and City of Cocoa representatives will choose three designs to present to the Cocoa CRA Board on June 12 at the regularly scheduled Cocoa CRA meeting, where one design will be selected.
The chosen design will then be engineer designed and constructed at the 6 Forrest Avenue location in the coming months.
Design criteria and information:
- Lot Size: 0.13 Acres, 5,662.8 Sq. Ft.
- Lot Dimensions: The north side of the triangle is 96.07’; The east side of the triangle is 127.18’; The west side of the triangle is 159.39’
- Design will not fill the entire lot space
- Design must be historical in nature and complementary to Historic Cocoa Village
- Design must be iconic
- Design must incorporate the phrase “Historic Cocoa Village”
- Design must be visible from 520 and Forrest Avenue
- No water features must be included in the design
For more information or questions about the contest, please contact Cocoa Main Street at 321-636-8878 or e-mail at CocoaMainStreetUSA@gmail.com
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS